• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

icc profile hardware

I am running flexi 8.6 with a mutoh falcon printer. I have always had color problems. I am looking to get a Spectrophotome​ter X-Rite eye-one UVcut. Is this a good unit? What do I need to make sure it comes with? It is used.
Thanks
Stephen

jkdbjj

I am running flexi 8.6 with a mutoh falcon printer. I have always had color problems. I am looking to get a Spectrophotome​ter X-Rite eye-one UVcut. Is this a good unit? What do I need to make sure it comes with? It is used.
Thanks
Stephen
Just my 2 cents here:
IF you have never created your own profiles, be prepared for a steep learnign curve. If you have the cash, I would HIGHLY recommend bringing in an instructor for one day, have that person teach you and also make you some profiles on a couple materials you use the most.

Example, on poster paper you might run some posters with just verbiage at a lower pass or resolution, yet photos at a higher resolution, so for that one paper, you will have two separate profiles to make.

Also when making the actual profile you usually have choices depending on the hardware/software to make really really deep profiles by scanning lots of color patterns, or more basic profiles by scanning simpler color patterns. I recommend taking the time to scan to more complex patterns.

To be honest, there are some tutorials online, but it is near impossible to learn on your own. Possible, but most time not practical.

If you bring someone in, you might spend 1 - 2k, however after you go that route, you will wonder how you went without it.

I am concident I can learn it. The main thing is I want to make sure I get the right hardware. I am not sure what all i need as far as charts and software.

jkdbjj

I am concident I can learn it. The main thing is I want to make sure I get the right hardware. I am not sure what all i need as far as charts and software.
Usually you should expect the software to come with the hardware. The hardware should have a scanning device, usually USB. That's all you really need and that's what you should expect in the package.

You will print your own charts out.

jkdbjj

That particular model, you may want to check closely that it makes profiles for wide format printers. I took a quick glance, and I am not sure it is intended for that. I could be wrong, but double check the specs and even call X-Rite on Monday before you pull the trigger.

FrankW

Be shure that the Unit is not too old or recalibrated. I1 Pro will Run with the FlexiPro- Profiler.

4R Graphics

You need an i1 there are a few different models but it does not really matter as long as you get the i1pro uv no uv doesnt matter.

Now if you have Flexi8.6 pro version then you have the software built in to flexi and it does a really good job as long as you do a good job on the parts that require your input.

So take your time and really look at the charts you print out and make good choices on the settings (ink levels) dont go to high but dont go to low either its a practice thing its not rocket science.

Good Luck.

ProColorGraphics

You can get the i1 pro 2 with the publish software for $1799. I would go that route. I just got my i1 pro2 and EasyMedia for caldera. We will see how much fun it it!

4R Graphics

if your running flexi pro version then theres is no reason to get the i1 with the publish software (you wont use it) You could use the software to cal your monitor but thats silly when you can by a color munkie for 200 with software.

All you need running flexi pro is the i1 dont bother with the software just more cost and wont use it unless you switch from flexi (most rips wasatch I know being the exception) has cal software either built in ie flexi pro or as an add on module like caldera (mimaki has a package and it theonly way you can get it) there package is mimakis propritery icc software and an i1 you cant buy them seperate anymore (sucks especially since i already own an i1)

Anyways like I said if your using flexipro and plan to stay with flexi for at least a few years all you need is an i1 no software. You can get one for $1000 maybe less brand new.