• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ice Cream truck graphic

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Fun day today so I get to work on some ice cream truck graphics.

This is one of the elements, started with a sketch customer likes the rough and this mockup. looking for advice on any elements that seem to be missing on the b/w before I move on to color and maybe shading (maybe.).

Attachments

• ALIEN2-mono-small.jpg
    ALIEN2-mono-small.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 146

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Well its definetley different then most Ice Cream truck graphics I have ever seen, Is he selling Ice Cream on a different planet lol. It looks like it will turn out pretty cool once you have color and what not. Please keep this one updated on the progress

Deaton Design

What I like to do with a graphic like this, is beef up the outline just a bit. In illustrator, Ill usually go to offset path, and add like a 0.03 outline on the existing outline. It my just be me, but it gives it a little more by doing that. After that, the color added will make it look great!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
What I like to do with a graphic like this, is beef up the outline just a bit.

+1

My partner does the custom cartoon drawing and this is something he always does and it makes it look better...

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Thanks guys, thanks for the reminder deaton, forgot to do that this time. (ussually the first thing I do).

customer just came in, wanted a very limited color range so we went with cut vinyl so he could get the vibrancy he wanted. I'll upload a picture in a couple minutes. installed already and he's off to sell more ice cream. god I love this job sometimes.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
images don't do it justice sadly :-\ ... made the ship silver and metalic red so it glistens rest is just hp. I still need to do some shading on the original so it can be used for print ... but I have time for that. ah well, not bad for 30 minutes of illustration time and a 30 minute cut and install ... hated the paint underneath but can't have perfect vehicles all the time.

Attachments

• IMG_20120406_151400.jpg
    IMG_20120406_151400.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 130

Jillbeans

I did a logo a few years back with an alien.
(I live 4 miles from Mars, PA)
Here's the thread
I can't even remember if this pic is the final logo, but I wanted you to see the shading, and also how well purple goes with aliens.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• marzguitarz.jpg
    marzguitarz.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 125

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
it's actually quite funny Jill, I just was playing with colors and came up with purple too.

shading all done, following some k.i.s.s. rules.

Attachments

• ALIEN-small.jpg
    ALIEN-small.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 147

Locals Find!

it's actually quite funny Jill, I just was playing with colors and came up with purple too.

shading all done, following some k.i.s.s. rules.

You should sell the customer on doing these for decals to hand out to his customers. Those are pretty sharp. I would put one of those on my truck and I reserve that space for only really cool things.

Craig Sjoquist

Yes I also like this ice cream, peaceful, eyes smiling alien.

I was going to say that the ice cream needed to be more exaggerated, but it looks simple and seems to work well, and pleasant to look at this way.

Believe you did real well.