• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ideal positives, Chicago SP suppliers

marcinito

I'm looking for some info on what is the best way to make your own positives. What I mean is which film to use and what is the ideal inkjet printer ? I've seen Epson name in many searches.
Next question would be, who is the best supplier in chicagoland area ?
I'm looking for place that can prestrech alu frames, and make them press ready in case of more difficult projects.(CMYK etc.)

d fleming

I don't know if it's the best but works for me. Epson 9500 inkjet with film from sihl on a 36" roll. Not near Chicago but Melray does nice work on prestretched aluminum frames as well as nazdar.

tomence

I have Epson 1400 it is 13"x19" very good printer for positives, and if you buy rip software like accurip you can have all 6 black cartridges. I think when it comes to printing positives Epson is the printer to go. As far as film goes i bought some from ryonet and the film is perfect.
I paid $199 for the printer it was on sale at MicroCenter retail price was over $400 at the time. The accurip software runs about $500 but it is worth buying it.

marcsitkin

We had success with a Canon8000s and a film that I think was from general formulations. PM me and I'll give you the name of a rep.