• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ideas on backlite flex face banner

anix

I have a customer with a 5x10 sign that is backlite and needs new faces. Come to find out it is banner material and is held in place by screws and washers about ever 12" inches around the box. Any ideas on getting the right tension on the faces so they stay tight. Who ever did it before made it work somehow.

KMC

Graphic Artist
hmmm screws and washers
doesn't sound like they are using the correct framing system for a flex face, typically its staple stitch or with flex face clips
we stretch ours by hand and never had a problem

anix

hmmm screws and washers
doesn't sound like they are using the correct framing system for a flex face, typically its staple stitch or with flex face clips
we stretch ours by hand and never had a problem
The original builder did mount it different but apparently it did work and I will have to do the same but I was fishing for ideas of how to get started with it.
Thanks

TimToad

Have you ever stretched an artist's canvas? If so, try to apply a similar approach. There are vice grips with super wide grips for grabbing the material across several inches to lessen puckering. It doesn't have to so tight that you put undue stress on the material. Especially using a jerry rigged set up.

henryz

Like Tim said, use the wide mouth pliers to stretch from one side to the other no need for template screw top then bottom but only from the middle section do the same left to right then stretch and work the screws outward towards the ends.