• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion If you do foreclosure signs, what do you charge

John Miller

Hi all, I know that in part it is based on your geographic area and your overhead, but it would be interesting to hear what companies charge for a standard real estate foreclosure sign.

24"x36" single sided installed within... say a 1/2" hour drive from your shop.

Thanks for any responses. John

chester215

Just call me Chester.
In our area the amount we charge varies on the county and the amount the attorney is allowed to submit for reimbursement to the court.
In CT I think the lowest is $175 and the most is around $250.
I would check the local laws because sometimes you are allowed to install a second sign for the same amount if it disappears within a certain time frame before the auction.

John Miller

In our area the amount we charge varies on the county and the amount the attorney is allowed to submit for reimbursement to the court.
In CT I think the lowest is $175 and the most is around $250.
I would check the local laws because sometimes you are allowed to install a second sign for the same amount if it disappears within a certain time frame before the auction.

We have been charging $250 for many years. I spoke to a fellow sign maker recently who charges $300. That's the reason for my post. BTW, when we need to install a second sign we always charge the $250 again.

GB2

Old Member
John, the cost of the sign is "authorized by the court", which these days is typically always $300 for every sign, whether or not it is a first or second sign. The committee assigning the job to you should be able to tell you what the authorized fee is. Here is an excerpt from:

FORECLOSURE BY SALE STANDING ORDERS JD-CV-79 Rev. 10-10 June Special Session, Public Act No. 10-1 STATE OF CONNECTICUT SUPERIOR COURT www.jud.ct.gov Uniform Standing Orders for Foreclosure by Sale Unless otherwise ordered by the Court, these are the Standing Orders for Foreclosures by Sale:

11. The sign must be placed on the premises not less than 20 nor more than 30 days prior to the sale. The committee is not required to place a sign where the property is a condominium or cooperative, unless the property is a stand alone building unit in a common interest community.
12. The size of the sign must be 3 feet wide and 2 feet high and must contain the following statement: DO NOT REMOVE; VIOLATION SUBJECT TO PUNISHMENT BY THE COURT.
13. The cost of the sign must not exceed the amount authorized by the Court including preparation, erection and photographing for inclusion in the committee report. 14. The committee is authorized to replace the sign once without Court approval, provided the sign can be erected at least ten days before the sale. The committee may not personally erect the sign.