• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If you had to...

billsines

For those of you who are sign shop owners, if you had to do it over again, would you still start up your sign shop? Why or why not?

Johnny Best

I would have bought all the Apple and Google stocks I could get my hands on if I could go back and do it all over again.
Sure I would start up the sign shop again. Hate working for someone.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Definitely! There are so many aspects of this industry that I love and I can't choose which one I like better. Each day I get the opportunity to do a little or a lot of all of them and that also gives may a variety. No monotony! I think, the only way I would have reservations about what I do is if I made a poor decision along the way, which we all do. The nice thing about being your own boss is you can fix those mistakes or poor decisions, learn from them and positively impact the future for you and your family.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Definitely! There are so many aspects of this industry that I love and I can't choose which one I like better. Each day I get the opportunity to do a little or a lot of all of them and that also gives may a variety. No monotony! I think, the only way I would have reservations about what I do is if I made a poor decision along the way, which we all do. The nice thing about being your own boss is you can fix those mistakes or poor decisions, learn from them and positively impact the future for you and your family.

Good post, and great way to look at things. Always Forward, Never Backward!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's easy to play Monday night quarterback, but having the same conditions and coming up the same way I did..... of course I would do it again. In a heart beat. Knowing what I now know, there are some changes I would make, but no one can tell the future until it's past ya.

StarSign

I have always told the employees, even the worst days you will have in our sign shop are better then the best days you would have working somewhere else.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Who knows what the future holds. Jobs come and jobs go. Robots, computers and other machines will make our lives easier but take someone's job in the process. That's not going to change ever! However, as long as there are businesses starting up or growing, they will always need our services in some way, shape and form. We create things and have a skill not many have or want to have. Having an ability that no one else has or wants but you love is the key to surviving, thriving and enjoying life.

I love it when people watch you wrap a vehicle and are bored by it, even uncomfortable. They always say, "I would never have the patience for that!"