• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator Stroke Problem

seaviewsigns

This is an ongoing thorn in my side. I've been using Illustrator for years and for some reason I have never been able to figure this out....

When stroking certain objects, some of the points don't automatially keep consistant weight. Other times there will be random "nodes" thrown in here or there. I really don't know how to describe the problems, but I've attached a screen shot of some flames I'm working on now. The flame tips are giving me a problem... well some of them... there is only one anchor point on the tip. Just a strange problem. I find this quite a bit when using a highly detailed design or font also, like Letterhead Fonts. I just becomes a giant pain...

Am I missing something? Does anyone else have this problem? It happens when selecting a stroke color from the color pallete and also when selecting Object > Path > Offset Path.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Cory

P.S. I just added another screen shot of the same file where one of the tips is working fine.... ???

Attachments

• Picture 47.png
    Picture 47.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Picture 48.png
    Picture 48.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 101

Bigdawg

Just Me
It's the miter limit and the angle of the nodes. Up the number - then you can adjust the curve a little.

Edited to add more...
I just noticed you said it does it on fonts - you'll see that because of the way the font is built... usually not just one node for the corners.