• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm a blessed man today...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I absolutely love this time of year, but today could have changed that forever.

My adult son attempted suicide last night, but with God's blessing and power he found the presence of mind to call the suicide hotline, who then directed him to the hospital.

I was rattled out of bed with that news this morning and have been in a whirlwind of scattered emotions all day.

We have taken him in for a few days so he can rest and get counseling.

Hug your babies tightly tonight...no matter how old they are.

Blessings,

Jim

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255

http://www.projectsemicolon.com

CanuckSigns

I'm glad to hear your son is ok. Make sure he gets any help he needs, but don't forget to take care of yourself as well, these things take a lot out of the family as well.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Life hands out a lotta stuff and ya hafta learn to deal with it. So glad he had the courage to call for help. That's the first step and the rest should fall into place for his return trip. Thank God and the people who helped so far.

Keeping your son, you and your family in our prayers and thoughts, Jim.

Suz

I absolutely love this time of year, but today could have changed that forever.

My adult son attempted suicide last night, but with God's blessing and power he found the presence of mind to call the suicide hotline, who then directed him to the hospital.

I was rattled out of bed with that news this morning and have been in a whirlwind of scattered emotions all day.

We have taken him in for a few days so he can rest and get counseling.

Hug your babies tightly tonight...no matter how old they are.

Blessings,

Jim

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255

http://www.projectsemicolon.com

Kottwitz-Graphics

I'm sorry to hear about your son. I am glad that he called to get help.

He will need your support, as the road to recovery is a long one. It may be a while, and be patient, but it will be worth it in the end.

mkmie

Lost Soul
We never know what situations others are dealing with. Let's be kind to each other.
Agree with CanuckSigns. Take care of yourself. This is any parents nightmare but you will survive.

James Burke

I'm so overwhelmed by the outpouring of concern here...

I'm still in somewhat a state of shock even though things could have gone horribly worse.

Thanks again, it really means a lot to me.

Blessings,

Jim

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Not sure what the situation is but I contemplated the same fate when I was young and it was "swept under the rug" by family. "It's all in your head" they'd say. Years later I sought help and learned that they were right, it was all in my head, so to speak. It's called a chemical imbalance. Once the doctor found what worked best for me things started to change for the better. If I hadn't reached out to someone I may not have made it.

James Burke

We know of at least four families who each have lost a son to suicide. I'm still in disbelief to think we, too, could very well have been counted among the grieving.

He had been working two full time jobs and had been on collision course for a physical and mental meltdown. Mix that with poor nutrition, and a healthy dose of "life", and it all makes for the perfect storm.

Fortunately, he resigned at one of the jobs today, and has been slowly getting back on course. I'm so thankful he only lived ten miles away, and that we have more than enough room to take him in for this season in his life.

Thirty years ago, I welcomed him into this world and watched in awe as he drew his first breath. I'm amazed how that same feeling has returned to me once again....watching him breathe anew.

Jim

Last edited:

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
We know of at least four families who each have lost a son to suicide. I'm still in disbelief to think we, too, could very well have been counted among the grieving.

He had been working two full time jobs and had been on collision course for a physical and mental meltdown. Mix that with poor nutrition, and a healthy dose of "life", and it all makes for the perfect storm.

Fortunately, he resigned at one of the jobs today, and has been slowly getting back on course. I'm so thankful he only lived ten miles away, and that we have more than enough room to take him in for this season in his life.

Thirty years ago, I welcomed him into this world and watched in awe as he drew his first breath. I'm amazed how that same feeling has returned to me once again....watching him breathe anew.

Jim
It also seems he's lucky to have parents like you.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I just saw this Jim. So thankful that he reached out for help - what a blessing when so many don't before it is too late. I hope he feels God's loving arms wrapped around him (and the rest of your family). I'd like to share this song with him (admin if that's not okay, please delete the link).