• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm Floored!

CheapVehicleWrap

Harbor has THE SAME for much less when on sale about $2 sf.. I have about 1200 sq of a 3500 sf machine shop covered with it. nice stuff for the price has held up really well and beats walking or standing on concrete.

CheapVehicleWrap

A little, but the shop is usually quite warm. I liked the fact is easily removable too in case you move. We've moved sections around as we saw fit too. Little boxes in front of machines ect.

Colin

Get yourself a decent brand that will last and not move when trod upon.
The Costco version is a cheapo generic version.

How do you know the Costco one won't last? It has a 10 year warranty. (?)

OldPaint

i thinks its great for a garage. but ill bet if walked on eveyday its gona make some noise. a friend of ours lived in a house with wood parkay block on a concrete floor, and it never stopped making noise when walked on. and if your gona do something like that, why not the soft type? more sound deadening, and insulates better.
https://www.softtiles.com/content/view/28/39/

Colin

I think it's great for a garage, but ill bet if I walked on it everyday it's gonna make some noise. A friend of ours lived in a house with wood parkay block on a concrete floor, and it never stopped making noise when walked on.

Yes, it may or may not make that clapping sound, which is why I'm inquiring if anyone has actual experience with it.

And if your gonna do something like that, why not the soft type? more sound deadening, and insulates better.

I guess I prefer the B&W checkered look.

edit: Oh, I see the ones you are referring to now. I've seen those but they don't last, and I've heard it's easy to trip on those.

Last edited:

Brandon708

if you do use the costo mats I would suggest you use some type of under padding that is used with laminate floors to minimize the clapping.

Attachments

• RF-004.jpg
    RF-004.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 112

Colin

^^^ Good idea! My concrete floor is very flat, but I imagine that an underlay would provide for an addition reduction in coldness in winter, and the tiles would probably feel better under-foot as well.

Brandon708

^^^ Good idea! My floor is very flat, but I imagine that an underlay would provide for an addition reduction in coldness in winter, and the tiles would probably feel better under-foot as well.

It would make a world of difference.

Colin

The Costco (Canada) mats are on sale for the month of November too! $25.00 off per 56 sq. ft. case.

- reaches for trigger -

fmg

How do you know the Costco one won't last? It has a 10 year warranty. (?)
I have two customers of mine that specialize in these type of Floors.I was looking at having one installed at my shop for myself.
When we compared 4 or 5 products overall the Costco and similar versions were inferior compared to more expensive products.
Like anything you get what you pay for.Cheap is more expensive in the long run.
Thank you.

Brandon708

I have two customers of mine that specialize in these type of Floors.I was looking at having one installed at my shop for myself.
When we compared 4 or 5 products overall the Costco and similar versions were inferior compared to more expensive products.
Like anything you get what you pay for.Cheap is more expensive in the long run.
Thank you.

do you mind sharing your research. What was the better "more expensive" product?

Colin

Thanks for the reply. In what way were they inferior? Are you able to substantiate your longevity claim?