• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm having a bad morning

"Deposit Please"

The customers car doesn't unlock with the key remote because the cars battery is dead. It's a 2006 Dodge Magnum with shaved doors(no doorhandles) no keyhole on tailgate, doorjams are tight and it's sitting right smack in front of the bay door...so everything stops until i figure this one out! I'm trying to explore my options here, any help would be greatly appreciated. ......just one of those bad weeks.:banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_20111102_081603.jpg
    IMG_20111102_081603.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 64

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Did you call the guy ?? He might have a different answer on how to address HIS car.

qmr55

Get a long thin screwdriver, fiddle with the hood latch til you get it popped, shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Throw a battery charger on it at high amps, then try.

Edit: Remember, fiddling in the hood by the latch may do some minor body damage if you're not careful...

Techman

crawl under the front end. Reach up there with your hand or an extension tool. Pop the hood.

mopar691

By default in my previous life as a hot rod builder we would install manual latch devices for situations such as this. the latch should of been moved to the body and a pull rod should be located underneith the car. Hate to say it but if this was not done it was a very poor installation by some half pot crack body shop.

"Deposit Please"

I will call him as my last option because i have a feeling he's gonna try to make me pay for it if someone needs to come out. I don't see anyway of gaining entry. Thanks guys...i will try popping the hood with a screwdriver

weaselboogie

Why should he charge you? Who's fault is it that the battery is dead?

A friend of mine who does body work just did some shaved handles for a customer. He installed a hidaway key under the car so if the battery went dead , he could open the trunk. Inside the trunk was a lead to the battery so it could be jumped from the trunk in case something like this happened.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Are you sure the battery is really dead? Perhaps it has some sort of "disable" security feature that disconnects the juice.

JB

"Deposit Please"

Everything was turned off...i just think it has a weak battery. As told, I hit the unlock button on the remote and the drivers door pops open, but when i did it this morning, i just heard a click, click, click..then nothing. I'm working to see if i can pop the hood. I don't see any other alternative.

rjssigns

If the guy is not available is there a body shop or mechanic shop near you?
They should have a set of wheel dollies you could borrow. Then just push it outside and let him deal with it.
I borrow a set from a race shop and they work great. Slide them around the wheels kick the lever a few times and roll it out.
At some point I will have to get my own they are so darn convenient.
http://www.qrbiz.com/buy_Vehicle-Dollies

TheSnowman

Man, I had that happen once with a car WITH handles and it was annoying enough. Hope you get it figured out.

wildside

the battery is not under the hood.....

for all dodge magnums, it is in the rear deck with the spare tire, you would need a torch to get to it from underneath

Pro Image

Call the Man who owns the damn car......What are you thinking......????? :banghead:

Mess up something and its your butt......:rolleyes:

jimmeth411

call the customer. I know some people have a door release in the front fenders, in case something like this happens. They may or may not have had one installed

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I don't know specifically about a 2006 Dodge whatever but if you're desperate on most cars you can slide underneath the thing with a set of jumper cables and hook the positive cable to the huge battery lug on the starter solenoid on the starter motor. Connect the other cable to the chassis. Now you should be able to jump the thing sufficient to open the door.

Speedsterbeast

I don't know specifically about a 2006 Dodge whatever but if you're desperate on most cars you can slide underneath the thing with a set of jumper cables and hook the positive cable to the huge battery lug on the starter solenoid on the starter motor. Connect the other cable to the chassis. Now you should be able to jump the thing sufficient to open the door.

BINGO!

Also, you can always borrow a set of wheel dollies and roll the car out of your way for now.