• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm lost on Flexi

brycesteiner

I am trying to use Flexisign cloud for a sign. I got a vector sign in from a client and I imported it in from the PDF it was sent as. It changed a little but not bad. I am trying to print and then do a contour cut around the artwork.

The file, even though it is vector. Has about 1/4 of it coming in and it will only contour a square and not the artwork. I unmask it and the artwork completely changes.

I spent two hours on the sign just trying different things from saving it as a JPG in Photoshop and then vectorizing it in flexi to assigning transparencies and contours. With the JPG idea it kind of worked but not completely because the artwork has gradients and it can find the contour correctly.

Is there anyway I can use Illustrator or Indesign to define the cut since that is what the customer used? Then bring it into production manager and tell it the spot color is a cut line?

View attachment decals 20x7 clr.pdf

I have attached the file in case you want to give it a shot.

Thanks!
Bryce

visual800

That has gradients in it all that needs to be unselected or deleted. Dragging stuff in ps is a big Nono in my opinion. If this were my file I would open in illy and select just part I wann cut and delet the rest. Save as ai and bring it into flexi

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Attached. When you select it all in Flexi just unselect the 2 transparent rectangles that show up over the black parts. Something like this with the inner shadows you will sometimes need to open in Illustrator first and flatten transparency. Could probably play with it more and even make the parts over the black sections clip out too but it works as it is here.

Attachments

• decals 20x7 clr1.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 192

Snydo

Make a black and white version in your Adobe product of choice, Bezier it in Flexi, put your contour on that, then bring in the print file. Make sure your b&w copy is exactly the same size and everything will line up perfectly.

brycesteiner

Attached. When you select it all in Flexi just unselect the 2 transparent rectangles that show up over the black parts. Something like this with the inner shadows you will sometimes need to open in Illustrator first and flatten transparency. Could probably play with it more and even make the parts over the black sections clip out too but it works as it is here.

Okay this worked very well. How did you get it to show up right? In Flexisign 11 cloud (my version) It made white where the letters "M" and "E" overlapped and also "R" and "C". Very small but still not right. Your version is correct.

Did you take in Illustrator or do it all in Flexi?

The only thing I had to do to get it to work right (your file) was to send the shadings that were coming us as square, to the back, create the contour, and then bring them back to the front.

thanks!

brycesteiner

This one looks good except it doesn't have the gradients. Would you add them back in Flexi or how do you deal with that?

Thanks!