• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Image 62 plus

Ditchmiester

His laminator is causing me major problems. I'm trying to lam Oracal 3651 With Oracal 210. Any time I try to use material wider than 36" I just get major wrinkles. I can run 36" pretty well in 10'-12' sections with no wrinkling. I've tried a push pull gauge to make sure the rollers are even across. I'm out of ideas and I'm getting to the point where I thinking maybe a new laminator is the right idea. Any advice

Bly

I'd get it looked at.
Those things are tanks if a bit slow.
We had one for ten years and it never ran off once.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Is your material centered on the laminator's rollers? Do you have the feeds tensioned? Do you have wrinkles forming behind the rollers after laminate is applied or just in front?

Ditchmiester

Is your material centered on the laminator's rollers? Do you have the feeds tensioned? Do you have wrinkles forming behind the rollers after laminator occurs or just in front?

I'm running in the middle of the rollers. I have the feed tension set to where it hand tight. I have wrinkle forming before the rollers on the feed side not in the laminate but in the prints.

Christian @ 2CT Media

OK from past experience with a seal pro and with my current GFP. That is typically due to the feed not being tensioned enough in comparison to the roller pressure. Try increasing the tension on the feed roll.

Ditchmiester

Going to order an ez-gripper today. Also the tension knobs on the side when laminating sheets should they be tight or on the loose side?