• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Image file not matching up with cut file

JR's

Hi guys any help I would appreciate it very much.

I have sign lab 9.1 and having issues with when I make an image to be sent out for printing and make a cut file they are two different sizes.
They tell me that the image size and the cut file don't line up.

How can I solve this.

Thank you.

niksagkram

Not too familiar with SignLab, but, are you making the cut file at the same time you make the print file? Are they exported together or as separate files? Also, again I'm not familiar with SignLab, but when I send separate print and cut files to Roland Versaworks, I have to make sure that registration marks are turned on for both separate files. If the printer/cutter only sees registration marks in one of the files, it will "assume" they are different sizes. Hope I explained this clearly enough. :smile:

Good luck.

Mark

JR's

Some more information. When I export a vector file (a cut line) it stays the same size.
But when I export a image. JPEG, bitmap. It changes in size. Is there a button or a setting somewhere in sign lab that will keep the image the same size? This is when I am sending the job to another company to do the printing and cut. When I send it to my printer Cutter it is fine. Because it is one file. When I am sending the job out that has to be two files. A JPEG and a vector.

niksagkram

Can you not send it as a .pdf or ,eps, which will retain both vector and raster info? Unless I am mistaken, most(?) printers should be able to use either format.

Other than that, when you are exporting your raster (print) file, make sure that none of your parameters (aspect ratio) are changing. Sometimes, if you change your resolution to email, the dimensions change too, so check your export settings.

Good luck,

Mark