• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Images & Spot Colors in design

JoeBoomer

First off, I am consciously incompetent when it comes to color management. I'm slowly piecing it together, but obviously I don't have a clue.

Using
Onyx 10.2
Illustrator file w/ linked PSD file.
Saving as EPS
Color space of both ai file & placed PSD is CMYK.

After printing tests in Onyx, I want to do the following:
Print psd part of graphic with "PROFILES ON". Print spot colors as "PROFILES OFF". So, I basically want Onyx to handle different parts of the file in different ways. Use a profile for graphics, and no profiles for spot colors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

JoeBoomer

I think I figured this out....

1.) Saved as PDF (did not embed colors) ~Tried .eps, but got weird line where clip
2.) Opened in onyx & chose custom profile w/ the following:

CMYK Image: "US Web Coated (SWOP) v2.icc"
CMYK Vector: "No Profile Selected"
RGB Image: "sRGB_IEC1966_21.icm"
RGB Vector: "No Profile Selected"

Looks like it is working, but I'll keep ya'll updated. Any feedback, suggestions, etc. is appreciated.

Thanks!

If that setup is accomplishing what you want, then use it. I would configure a QuickSet with those color management settings to automate the settings and make them available to print files going forward.