• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Import L*a*b*/D50 Adobe Swatch Exchange files palettes in Coreldraw Graphics Suite 2020/2021?

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
I use Pantone Color Manager(PCM) to ensure I have the most up-to-date L*a*b* values for colors in various Pantone fan decks as used in RIPs and the Adobe suite. I use PCM exported L*a*b*/D50 ASE files or CGATS files constructed from PCM color text files to accomplish this.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether there is a way to import L*a*b*/D50 ASE files into Coreldraw Graphics Suite 2020/2021 as a palette, and if so- how this is done?

RobertK

I just imported Roland's Versa Colors:
Copy an item that is in your color palette (mine Corel X7, CutContour) Ctrl + C then Ctrl + V in Corel 21 and then look for the path to the palette and dubbleclick okay, check.
It should work if the palette is on the a recognized path.

RobertK

c:/ program/ Corel/ CorelDrawGraphicSuiteX7/ Color/ Palletes/ Spot / Roland/ Roland Versa Works (Or other path...)
copy that palette to CorelDrawGraphicSute21 Spot
Then go to Options menu '(dubble click Ruler) then "Baloon" and Color / Spot color palette...

bteifeld

Thank you for your reply RobertK.

Could you please confirm for me that your Versaworks palette file is an adobe .ASE file?

RobertK

I just assumed it could work in the same way.
I do not use AdobeSwapPalette. CutContour displays on a spot color palette, but the file must be new one to achieve this. Strange that colors do not exist when I import an earlier file and try to arange a fill or contour from my spotcolors palette. I just installed a new Corel21 yesterday and as it use to be I have to make some adjustments.
Hope you can figure something out on *.ASP as well.

bteifeld

A little update about this- Coreldraw is specified to support ACO palettes- but the problem is that it is implemented
incorrectly. The actual spot color names will not show up in Coreldraw. This has been reported to Corel and has
been sent to developers for consideration.

bteifeld

A little update about this- Coreldraw is specified to support ACO palettes- but the problem is that it is implemented
incorrectly. The actual spot color names will not show up in Coreldraw. This has been reported to Corel and has
been sent to developers for consideration.
Update: Corel refuses to address the issue of incorrect import of ACO palettes.