• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing Laminator Direct From China?

player

Has anyone imported a laminator direct from China?

Looked into it?

Where to buy it?

I am thinking about getting a new laminator, and I am wondering if it is worthwhile bringing it in myself.

reQ

I will be importing flatbed laminator from china closer to the end of this year. Can't speak about regular hot/cold laminators, but flatbeds are great and cost 1/3 of the price.

If you are importing laminator alone I am not sure if that is worth the amount of effort and cost of paying the sea shipment and customs brokerage fees.

I have imported aluminum stands and a printer last year and it is worth to spend a little more money to tag along with other equipments and supplies so you only pay one brokerage fees and other fees necessary.

I am wanting to bring in another printer this year but still planning how because i want to maximize the shipping effort.

How wide are you planning to get?

LeLuni

I will be importing flatbed laminator from china closer to the end of this year. Can't speak about regular hot/cold laminators, but flatbeds are great and cost 1/3 of the price.

Don't do it. I have personal experience.

reQ

Don't do it. I have personal experience.
Like what? Bad equipment?
If yes, then i have different info on product. If you had bad experience of importing part itself, then i am not worried, did import enough from china already

The downside of importing equipment from china is lack of on site tech support and parts available. If you are very busy and have a big shop, you should either consider getting branded equipments or have an employee to undergo training by your chinese supplier in china. mine works great there are just some downtime here and there, but my shop is just small and would not matter if i get those moments.