• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Importing Text to cut from an excel file.

nitro2010

Randy
Does anyone know a trick to import text to be cut on a plotter from Excel without re-typing everything. I have a trailer we wrapped and they are selling bricks to put names on. There is a large size and small size brick that people can put their name in, so I need to figure out a way to import the names into CorelDraw or Illustrator so I can cut them without having to size each name individually. Please any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks
Randy.

2B

This is what I use for the importing of excel data into Corel

1. Click File
onestep.jpg
Print merge
onestep.jpg
Create/Load merge fields.
2.In the Print merge wizard, enable the Import text from a file or an ODBC data source option, and click Next.
3.Enable the File option, and navigate to the drive and folder where the data file is stored.
4.Choose a file.
5.Click Open.
6.Click Next.
7.Follow the instructions in the Print merge wizard.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Copy the text in Excel and paste it in Corel.

papabud

Lone Wolf
indesign has a mail merge function also. which i had to use to make dozens of custom posters for a car dealership