• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Improving accuracy of S2 160T?

PrintItBig

Hi,

We've just purchased an S2 160T and are perf cutting circular floor graphics.

These are 300mm wide and we're printing them 4 up, 3 or 4 rows at a time, laminating and cutting them in sheets.

The first couple of rows per sheet come out perfect but by row 3 or 4 there are a few where the circles don't 100% join up. They still pop out of the sheet OK but I assume where the cutter does the circle in halves or quarters the cut does't quite match and a little piece of vinyl is left that we're having to trim off with scissors.

Is this normal? Should we just accept it?

Is there a way to increase the accuracy somehow? Do I need to calibrate something?

Would changing the panelling help this so each circle would be cut in one go?

Or adding extra reg marks (not sure how to do this as the option is greyed Caldera)?

Thanks.

OhioSigns

I am having some issues with my new Summa S2 T160 too when cutting floor graphics. I am looking at adding a couple of extra pinch rollers. I was also having trouble with it reading the marks through the laminate. I am using 3M 40C with 3M 3645 so I cut some 1" white squares with the black square cut out so that I could align it perfectly. Then went back and added a small black square in the cut out. No problems reading the registration marks now, just that the media is buckling and slightly throwing the tracking off which hopefully the extra pinch rollers will solve.

NP_18

We printed a couple rolls of thick floor graphics recently and we printed them in about 6' long sets and loaded full rolls on our S2 T160. When cutting we ran them very slow and have the vinyl run out over a table and not into the basket or on the take up roll. Between sets we paused and cut off the finished set. Requires it to be manned non stop, but it fixed the issue of either the knife dragging across the vinyl or cuts not being accurate.