• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In dire need for a supplier of .080 alum

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We need a supplier of small orders of .080 aluminum. Our current supplier (Grimco) will only do 100's at a time and usually with radius corners and holes only. We do many building signs for our local military base (the largest in the world) Grimco doesn't recognize our area as a "large enough hub" for such orders to be cost effective.
Sizes vary from 8in x 18in to 24in x 24in. Sometimes brown reflective if available but we can also print to reflective and overlay to raw/white alum. Sometimes holes sometimes none. We have a sheer but it's not heavy duty enough to handle .080 thickness. We'd use 6mm polymetal but the military has very strict guidelines.

Suggestions?

2B

there are a couple of MM here that do custom sizing / options for aluminum.
Merritt Graphics
FireSprint

if you are looking for a vendor that supplies cut material
Reece
N Glantz
or contact your local metal fab

regarding the specs you list,
I thought Ft Braggs was the largest in population
and Ft Lewis was the largest in acres

according the the Corps Of Engineers Specs 10.14.00.01
Building ID signs are supposed to be on aluminum .125 thickness 8"x30" with a white reflective background and black 6" overlay using a Helvetica font
or at lest the bases we work on require these specs.

equippaint

Go to a local metal supplier or find a close distributor of aluminum sheet product. You can have a machine shop shear and round the corners as needed.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Huh- I didn't know Grimco had instituted a quantity minimum.
Do you do enough of them to invest in a shear and a corner rounder? Or even a CNC router? You'd never need to outsource 'em again unless you actually needed hundreds.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I stand corrected.
the largest Air Force base in the free world
upload_2018-2-16_14-44-18.png

2B

Learn something each and every day

here is what we see from the specs we are given

upload_2018-2-16_15-38-7.png

upload_2018-2-16_15-38-56.png
upload_2018-2-16_15-38-7.png upload_2018-2-16_15-38-56.png

JTBoh