• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In LOVE with the hp 570 latex printer

ericm

after having the hp latex 570 installed today we printed about three rolls of material it's amazing how easy it is to use this machine. loading is a snap
I still love the 370s but this machine I don't know how but it seems to print much cleaner !!!!! now I just can't wait till the FB750 gets here next week

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 491
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 409

PMac

Nice! Are you leasing it? Or did you just out right buy it? I've been using an old Roland for years. I've been considering getting one of these but just afraid to pull the trigger.

I've been told these printers are practically maintenance free.

My solvent printer I have to "milk" at least once every few days to keep the heads fresh. OR at least print something every day, but I don't always get around to it. Then it's a fight....I'm tired of that fight. My heads are all on the verge of fizzling out (Approx $3600) or just get a new HP110 , 315 or 335.

ericm

Nice! Are you leasing it? Or did you just out right buy it? I've been using an old Roland for years. I've been considering getting one of these but just afraid to pull the trigger.

I've been told these printers are practically maintenance free.

My solvent printer I have to "milk" at least once every few days to keep the heads fresh. OR at least print something every day, but I don't always get around to it. Then it's a fight....I'm tired of that fight. My heads are all on the verge of fizzling out (Approx $3600) or just get a new HP110 , 315 or 335.

NO Lease,,,,, we have been using the HP Latex 370's for over a year now it's a learning curve for sure but much much better then solv or Echo solv!!!!! we have run Roland (NEVER AGAIN) and a bunch of Mimaki's and was so done with solvent !
your best bet is to find a dealer or another shop in your area that is demoing or using a latex and see if they will print you a sample of you job:thumb:

FrankW

I really like the media system without spindles, and the new take-up roller (except the switch).

There is nearly no manual user maintenance. every 15'000 or 20'000 square meters or so a technician should have a look on the machine to change sensors and so on (the printer will prompt you). But it is the same with the Latex 370.

303DC

NO Lease,,,,, we have been using the HP Latex 370's for over a year now it's a learning curve for sure but much much better then solv or Echo solv!!!!! we have run Roland (NEVER AGAIN) and a bunch of Mimaki's and was so done with solvent !
your best bet is to find a dealer or another shop in your area that is demoing or using a latex and see if they will print you a sample of you job:thumb:
Definitely a learning curve. I only have an L310, but it was my first printer, and has done great work for me.

dypinc

On the 500 series it will be interesting to see how at higher ink and lower passes they are utilizing the two OP heads and the one lc/lm head. Seems they will have to either not allow lc/lm or change the lc/lm curves to not use as much ink from what is in the 300 series.

FrankW

On the 500 series it will be interesting to see how at higher ink and lower passes they are utilizing the two OP heads and the one lc/lm head. Seems they will have to either not allow lc/lm or change the lc/lm curves to not use as much ink from what is in the 300 series.

You're right. They don't change anything regarding the light colors.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I really like the media system without spindles, and the new take-up roller (except the switch).

There is nearly no manual user maintenance. every 15'000 or 20'000 square meters or so a technician should have a look on the machine to change sensors and so on (the printer will prompt you). But it is the same with the Latex 370.

A regularly schedule maintenance by a technician to change sensors?

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
So it seems if I was considering purchasing one of these, I would need to make sure there is a solid, long standing technician nearby as well as figure in ongoing upkeep costs?
What are we talking here as far as "other things" beside the sensors that need maintenance?
There's hardly a thing on my Roland that needs maintenance and when it does, I can do it myself.

ericm

Well I have printed around 32 rolls of media so far with the 570 and only one problem so far........ You can no longer build a profile for back lit media like 360 or 370 can! thank god I could snag one from one of the 370's
Also did some banners using 2,3 and 4 pass printed better then I thought
so still need to test the vivid mode ...... Well back to work:smile:

Robert Gruner

KWraps,

It has been our experience that the HP Latex 300 and 500 series printers have less warranty issues than ANY mild solvent printer. Proximity of tech service will be least of your concerns.

Bob

bannertime

KWraps,

It has been our experience that the HP Latex 300 and 500 series printers have less warranty issues than ANY mild solvent printer. Proximity of tech service will be least of your concerns.

Bob

Agreed, our biggest issue with our last two printers were availability and cost of technicians. Using Grimco to purchase our HPL330 was very comfortable. The Grimco tech was actually from Arizona, and spent two days with us. I've called him a few times and he always answers. The maintenance on these machines is basically limited to changing ink cartridges and print heads. The service kits are at 2%, 0%, and 7% after 13k sqft. The maintenance kit is a little under 50% and it's still the first one.

jasonx

Well I have printed around 32 rolls of media so far with the 570 and only one problem so far........ You can no longer build a profile for back lit media like 360 or 370 can! thank god I could snag one from one of the 370's
Also did some banners using 2,3 and 4 pass printed better then I thought
so still need to test the vivid mode ...... Well back to work:smile:

Is the ink cost and the ink usage the same as your 360/370?

ericm

Is the ink cost and the ink usage the same as your 360/370?
Same ink as the 370 .13sq ft seems to be a little better on ink saving.....
Printing two pass

[video=youtube;aS0OzsBmibk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS0OzsBmibk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 384

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Just got our 560 in today. Still in box. Did you guys unbox and setup or did they have to come do that? It looks like it is fully assembled, the box is so tall. Is that true? Not like the 260 when we got it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Just got our 560 in today. Still in box. Did you guys unbox and setup or did they have to come do that? It looks like it is fully assembled, the box is so tall. Is that true? Not like the 260 when we got it.

The dealer will come out and do all that for you. Its assembled already but don't do anything until the tech gets to you.

Lane J

Nice! We got our 370 last summer, though I would rather have gotten a 570. With so many stock changes throughout the day, the 370's loading and take-up reel become a pain. I'm assuming the 570 is much easier to load? That 2 pass looks pretty great too, I hesitate to go below 6 pass on the 370.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
The dealer will come out and do all that for you. Its assembled already but don't do anything until the tech gets to you.

Too late LOL....already unloaded and set in place. Will wait for them to come and set up. We don't even have the inks in yet.