• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In need of one off jig fixtures

Team Valhalla

I hope I'm not on thin ice asking this here on the forum...

We are planning on vacuum forming some small parts and need to trim the excess material from the formed part. My thought is that I can fixture the formed part on a jig and trim it on a router table.

What I'm looking for is someone that can take a DXF file and cut the fixture for me.

If interested or have input - please PM me.

Thanks in advance.

TV

Team Valhalla

After rereading what I posted last night, I can see where a bit more information would be helpful.

I should have stated in my thread that the fixture would be cut from ½” thick poloypro or high density polyethylene that I would supply…. Both are “soft” materials.

These fixtures would be more than likely “one off” deals. Over the course of time (a couple years), I would end up needing around 15 to 20 similar, but different fixtures.

Thanks,

TV

Kottwitz-Graphics

Depending on the finished size, shipping could be an issue.

Sounds like you need someone with a CNC router. I would check locally.

Also, I've found that DXF files tend to be unreliable. In my experience, curves that are ment to be round tend to make the line segments between nodes straight, thus making smooth curves jagged.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Ok, I went back and reread your post...

I think I have my head wrapped around what you are thinking about doing.

You are looking for someone to create a master shape, that you can attach your formed part on, and trim the forming flange away with something like a flush trim bit...

Team Valhalla

Kottwitz-Graphics... pretty much that's what I think I would work.

I can supply the drawing for the shape, and the material for the fixture. I just need someone to route the fixture. Then, as you said, I can attach the formed part and trim the excess material.

TV