• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In Search Of: Printable Magnetic Sheets 42" wide or larger ROLAND

ScottyAdams

Hey Everyone,

I am in search of a thin lightweight printable magnetic sheeting at least 42" in width that we can print directly to on our ROLAND VS-540 eco-solvent printer. Does anyone know of a product like this that you have used and have had good results with. Customer wants magnetic menus they can swap out easily and already have a magnetic wall. Thanks so much!

Coppers Lot

lgroth

I run the Magnum 30mil on our Roland all the time, set head high, uni-directional 16 pass and slooowww.... head speed about 300 so it doesn't get fuzzy from head being so high. They do sell a 48" wide version, but it's not cheap.

ScottyAdams

I run the Magnum 30mil on our Roland all the time, set head high, uni-directional 16 pass and slooowww.... head speed about 300 so it doesn't get fuzzy from head being so high. They do sell a 48" wide version, but it's not cheap.

What type of profile are you using? They dont have a profile for our set up (roland vs-540 CMYKLcLm versaworks). I also seem to be getting a feed motor error as soon as the slack on the roll tightens up...so basically i'd have to be unrolling some slack for the entire print. ugh. any ideas on this?

BigPrintn

I had so much trouble with feed when first starting to print on magnet rolls. Came accross this video maybe it can help some with feed issues.

[video=youtube;v8Cf9rGlP1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Cf9rGlP1M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Running .030 DigiMag on the Epson SureColor S5670... I've taped chipboard to the back and front heaters to allow smooth feed.

No problems since, just watch your head HEIGHT!

Heater set at -- back-46 ,platen-47 ,front-50 Celsius

Last edited by a moderator:

player

How do you slow down the head speed and passes? Can you do that with every VW profile to do this successfully?

lgroth

Yes you should be able to set head speed/ resolution/ # of passes/ ink limits/ etc. in VersaWorks. I us Ergosoft & Colorgate software, not VW so I can't give you specifics on how, check the documentation or I'm sure someone here can help with that.

player

Yes you should be able to set head speed/ resolution/ # of passes/ ink limits/ etc. in VersaWorks. I us Ergosoft & Colorgate software, not VW so I can't give you specifics on how, check the documentation or I'm sure someone here can help with that.

As far as I can see, I can change the speed, and go from bi-directional to uni-directional, but the pass settings are greyed out.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hey Everyone,

I am in search of a thin lightweight printable magnetic sheeting at least 42" in width that we can print directly to on our ROLAND VS-540 eco-solvent printer. Does anyone know of a product like this that you have used and have had good results with. Customer wants magnetic menus they can swap out easily and already have a magnetic wall. Thanks so much!

We have 30 mil, 48" x 25' magnetic roll for $166 + $35 ground shipping.

http://www.premiercolour.com/magnetic-roll-48-x-25-30-mil-gloss-white/

Customer Service
Premier Colour, Inc
714-668-9200