• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inconsistent Color From Run To Run

letterman7

Ok, I had several police vehicles to do a couple weeks ago - all printed on 3M 680CR. The colors matched almost exactly to what they wanted, and all was well. Since then, one already got smacked and needs the quarter panel replaced. No problem, pulled the file and ran the exact same file with the exact same settings. Except the colors don't match. At all. Previous (first) run had vibrant color - this run looks washed out. No apparent nozzle issues. The only difference is the weather - first run was warm and sunny, today is cool and rainy. But that shouldn't affect the print that much. WTF?

Rick

letterman7

Well.. seems it was either user error or computer error. I use Flexi as my RIP, and I was positive that all the settings were as they were during the initial print. I rarely change those settings other than to make the change for banners, vinyl or whatever. Anyway, I was "sure" that the "color correction" box was not checked - I don't use that for the most part as that's just the way I print. Well... checking that box threw the colors the other way and my print matched, or close enough to work. So.. somehow I either checked it initially or what, but the problem seems to be solved....

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Rick,
you most likely already know this, but you can save the settings you use for a big job that you may have to reprint later as a "preset" and that will insure that at least all the settings mach from the last time you ran it. All the variables from the heater settings to the crop marks used can be checked. Name it "Police 680CR ColorMatch 2017" or something so it is easy recall. Saves a few headaches with picky customers.

wayne k
guam usa