• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Incorrect Firmware Installed - Needs serial number

rgreen

I recently replaced the mainboard on my Mutoh RJ900.
The previous board was totally dead so I couldn't back it up.

I have downloaded MSA and MEA but selected the wrong firmware and installed it.

Used RJ-900X should've been RJ-900C

MSA is now telling me to enter the serial number into the printer, and then it will let me upload the correct firmware.
I can't get the serial number into the printer.

Tried the new board replacement wizard in MSA but it stops when it can't find a serial number
Any ideas on how to get the serial number into the machine.

Umca

I think you can try to download parameter via MEA software, change serial number entry in binary *prm file, and upload patched file back to printer.

printcleric

Sounds like the part where you enter the serial number of the printer in the printer's menu, not through the wizard.

rgreen

I am unable to upload the serial number via MEA because MEA requires the serial number to allow uploads.
Therefore I think the serial number needs to be entered through the printers menu.

I can get into the update parameters menu, but can't find an option to change the serial number.

Appreciate your help

Umca

Serial number needed for MSA.
But MEA software can work without serial number. It can be protection of new firmware what you uploaded to mainboard if MEA not working.
Same time serial number entry removed from parameters menu in all new Mutoh models.
MSA softare has a hidden menu for change serial number (Menu <Serial Number Entry>) if you know how to come in this mode.
Another option - try to use MSA in technician mode and select model of printer manually. Maybe this case it possible to upload another firmware.

rgreen

Thanks, I already have 1.09.

I think maybe Mutoh have made a change to their firmware and access to serial number in their current version. Maybe to stop the DIY's.
Not sure, just a guess