• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

increase in aluminum?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Just bought some 1" square tube and price jumped a lot and she said that they saw big prices increases. Anyone else getting that?

Snydo

It's the billions and billions in tarrifs we put on China, they certainly weren't going to eat the cost.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Just bought some 1" square tube and price jumped a lot and she said that they saw big prices increases. Anyone else getting that?
I've had vastly different pricing from 2 different suppliers. One was over double what I paid about 4 months ago, the other one was maybe 5% or so more. The supplier that was over double more had called and warned me about a week before that pricing was going way up. He said it was because of very strong demand right now, and pricing will likely be volatile for the next few months.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I've had vastly different pricing from 2 different suppliers. One was over double what I paid about 4 months ago, the other one was maybe 5% or so more. The supplier that was over double more had called and warned me about a week before that pricing was going way up. He said it was because of very strong demand right now, and pricing will likely be volatile for the next few months.

I've been buying from metal Supermarkets and their pricing has always been good. I had to order some aluminum for LED sticks and it was almost double the cost.

Just a warning for other out there to check prices before accepting a bid.

Evan Gillette

I havent noticed the climb in aluminum yet, but a friend who is a purchaser for a large manufacturer said his steel pricing went up 100% last quarter. I frequently use coremark metals (used to be discount steel) and last week they had to call me back and charge me more for my already placed web order. They went out of stock on the item I ordered and the price I originally paid was cheaper than their current cost! I was happy to pay the difference as I was getting it at cost and their service is always top notch.