• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Increase # of Passes

pkeshtgani

Hi Everyone,
I been searching the web for while to find answer on this question. But I can't seem to find any answer to this question. How do I increase the number of passes on HP FB500? Is it just change the DPI, i.e. changing from 600X300 to 600? Also we use Onyx Postershop 11 for ripping.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Cheers,

Dennis422

Not familiar with that Rip or a Printer, but on my HP L25500 I control the number of passes in the RIP. You can choose between 6 and a lot :)
You should see if there are any tabs in the RIP that the pass number is under.

Good luck

pkeshtgani

Not familiar with that Rip or a Printer, but on my HP L25500 I control the number of passes in the RIP. You can choose between 6 and a lot :)
You should see if there are any tabs in the RIP that the pass number is under.

Good luck

No such option anywhere in those places. such annoying thing.

nate

Hi Everyone,
I been searching the web for while to find answer on this question. But I can't seem to find any answer to this question. How do I increase the number of passes on HP FB500? Is it just change the DPI, i.e. changing from 600X300 to 600? Also we use Onyx Postershop 11 for ripping.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Cheers,

I don't know what it says in Onyx, but that's what things like "Indoor Signage," "Indoor Signage Plus," "Photo" etc do. They control the number of passes.

Asuma01

So I dont have an FB500. But for my HP 260 pass settings are in media manager under basic print mode settings. Then click mode options button.

pkeshtgani

I don't know what it says in Onyx, but that's what things like "Indoor Signage," "Indoor Signage Plus," "Photo" etc do. They control the number of passes.

Thats how it is in Onyx as well. That would make sense now. Thank you for the help.

Davo

I find the FB700 we have simpler than the latex, even more than the dumbed down L360.. using Onyx.

We mainly print using 'Indoor Signage' @600dpi and this gives us a good balance of quality and speed. I'm not sure how many 'passes' this is but it works. You can even override the ripped print speed on the printer itself. If you rip in' Outdoor Signage Plus' you can go lower passes, and if you rip in 'Indoor signage' you can up the passes if need be.