• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

increasing pixels??

Jen Goodwin

Is there any program out there that will increase the pixels on a digital photo? I have a customer who wants a mural, but the only pics they have are 72dpi taken with an Ipad2. (What a junk camera Apple put on there!)
I remember a post a long time ago, somewhere (4EdgeTalk maybe?) about some sort of program that would double your pixels.
Am I stabbing in the dark here or is there some way I can get this accomplished. The finish size is 5' x 20'

I attached the photo in question.

Jen Goodwin

okay...I thought I attached the photo. :)

Attachments

• quarry.jpg
    quarry.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 86

Jen Goodwin

Ugh. Who uses an Ipad for taking important photos!?? GAH! The quarry is in Spain, so there is no way to reshoot - I already asked if they would send me. LOL.

ucmj22

I think the Ipad camera is only 1.3 Mp, in which case nothing will work. But there is a program called Genuine fractals (I think they changed the name) By On1 software that does a pretty good job of increasing image size better than Photoshop. I believe it operates as a plugin, so you would need Photoshop to be able to use it. When we upgraded to CS5 we would have to upgrade our plugin as well which we did not do because PS CS5 also does a pretty good job with a combination of Image size adjustment and the de-noise filter. However as I said before, on a picture from an iPad camera, you will never get it larger that 8X10 and have it look descent.

ucmj22

Here is a screenshot at 100% size when blown up to 6 Ft long at 120dpi

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-03 at 9.48.09 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-08-03 at 9.48.09 AM.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 89

Jen Goodwin

Thanks for trying...and yes, it was Genuine Fractals that I was thinking about. That screen shot is exactly what I was wondering about...and yeah, wow. Not happening. I think I will fill them in before spending any more time trying. They are going to be very bummed - and despite the fact that it isn't my fault, I hate bumming out customers. :(

Jen Goodwin

Can I just say, though...seeing the sexiest man alive, Jason Statham, in my thread helps to not bum me out. :) LOL.

OldPaint

nothing will fix a low res picture!!!!! it is what it is. this why artist who sell their photos/painting/art work always show the smallest DPI possibly. the fix you need is a 10-20 mega-pixel camera................my fuji s700 is a 7.1 mega pixel. at full res when the picture is downloaded to my computer it is 42 INCHES X 33 INCHES. 3072 X 2043 PIXELS.i would guess that if you had a 16 mega pixel camera the pic would be close to 8 foot x 7 foot!!!!!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I am 100% sure the photo you have attached was not taken with a camera on the ipad. Sure it is not the greatest but the size and ratio would not turn out this way. One camera on the device is 5mp and the other I am not sure but not that bad

Something else is going on here

ucmj22

I am 100% sure the photo you have attached was not taken with a camera on the ipad. Sure it is not the greatest but the size and ratio would not turn out this way. One camera on the device is 5mp and the other I am not sure but not that bad

Something else is going on here

The iPhone 4 Has a 5 Mp camera and I am 97% sure that the iPad 2 has a 1.3 (100% sure that it is less than the iPhone 4) the front facing camera has a VGA capability only. as for the attached image, I presumed that the image was cropped be fore giving it to him to Isolate the part they wanted blown up.

Jen Goodwin

In photoshop, I turned it into a watercolor and I am not hating the results. Attempting to see, now, what it looks like full size printed. *fingers crossed*