• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

InDesign - How to save hi-res pdf @ 10% scale

JoeBoomer

Amatuer night at the Apollo here, but...... (InDesign is like Microsoft Publisher to me..... :/ )

I have an InDesign file that has 2 linked .psd files in it. I need to save a high-res file from InDesign so I can print.

The InDesign file is 1/10 scale. When I try saving PDF I change settings to not downsample images but it comes out like crap.

Here is a shot of one of the settings.

Thanks Team!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 11.12.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 11.12.24 AM.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 380
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 11.12.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 11.12.37 AM.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 305

Andriy

Hi, just select a High Quality Print preset on the top and see if that works.
Let it downsample, there is no necessity not to especially when you scale it to 1/10

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I think you are doing it correctly. You don't want any downsampling. What is the rez of the linked PSD files (go to Window-Links)? Since you are at 10% size, it should be at least 500-700dpi (since it is being blown up 10x), otherwise it will look bad when output.

Andy_warp

We run into this all the time, and the easy answer is...you can't.
We run grand format dye sub, so almost everything comes in at a scale.
We typically will use the pdf output from indesign as an FPO only, and have to rebuild in Illustrator.

We've found this is the only way to ensure effects render correctly and images do not lego.

Love the indesign to publisher reference!

It's great for catalogs and press...never had much luck with it in large(or grand) format.
Every time I use it, I miss Pagemaker...I know...sick, huh?!

Bly

Can you print to Acrobat and use settings that don't screw with images?
Just thinking out loud.
I hardly ever have to open Indesign.

scott pagan

i 2nd Andy Warp's comments.

in large format printing, working from an InDesign file is a hassle. it's easier to just rebuild in illustrator. this way you are basically preflighting the files by recreating them and ensuring you have little to no problems when it's time to print.