• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Industrial grade print/cut plotter that prints on separate pages rather than on rolls

tag4u

Hi
We ar looking to improve our processes a little. Today we use Roland SP-300V to create stickers. Not once we are queried about orders that talk about final product be separate pages ( like X stickers on A4 pages ). So what we do today (if the order is small enough for us to take) and manually cut the output with a guillotine into A4/5 pages. It is tedious and the result is anything but perfect.
Buying a cutting table is not an option right now. So I was wandering - is there a machine that could print and cut separate vinyl pages ( as opposite to continuous vinyl roll ) ?

Thanks in advance

CalverleyDesign

President - The Calverley Group
Hi
We ar looking to improve our processes a little. Today we use Roland SP-300V to create stickers. Not once we are queried about orders that talk about final product be separate pages ( like X stickers on A4 pages ). So what we do today (if the order is small enough for us to take) and manually cut the output with a guillotine into A4/5 pages. It is tedious and the result is anything but perfect.
Buying a cutting table is not an option right now. So I was wandering - is there a machine that could print and cut separate vinyl pages ( as opposite to continuous vinyl roll )

Have you considered buying a slitter - there are some on the market that can be setup with an adjustable width so you can feed your roll stock through...not sure of brands, but I know they are available

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Perf Cut might be what you are looking for. With the Perf cut feature on your Roland you can kiss cut the stickers and then perf cut the outer border. This will essentially cut out the A4 size page from the roll. That way you can just hand your client a sheet with cut stickers on it. You could also perf cut the stickers individually and hand them a stack. It's not the best solution however and it does stake some dialing in. The basics of how you do it is to create another spot color just like the CutContour one but this one is called PerfCut. Then you have to adjust the settings so that it will cut all the way through the vinyl and backer. It cuts a dotted path so that the stickers don't fall out during cutting.