Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ink 4u ink refills

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by gabagoo, Sep 24, 2012.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I saw ink 4 u at the Sign Show this weekend and they say they can refill the used Mimaki ink cartridges, out a new chip on them and you can put them right into the printer without having to blow the lines.

Anyone using these inks? and are they as good as OEM?

My machine is now 6+ years old and if I can save 35% or so on ink, I say why not.

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    gabagoo, I went to their website and this is what I found http://www.ink4u.ca/en/Third-Party-Inks/Third-Party-Inks.aspx As you know, 3rd party plug-n-play inks have their supporters and dissuaders on this forum. IMHO, since the printer is 6+ years old AND you have been relatively problem free, why change what's working for you? On the other hand, IF you are printing 5-7 hours a day, 5 days a week, you should look into a BULK INK/CISS system. Finally, work with a dealer with whom you are confident

3. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    they got their claws into you Barry!

I don't think it's worth the potential headaches, we don't go through enough ink for it to be a factor

4. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    Remember what Gerber dealers were saying when Duracoat first came out? I do?

I am willing to give these inks a try, seeing as I have enough colour issues as it is, whats one more going to do lol

5. inkmed

inkmed Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Use compatible plug-play 440ml cartridge ink, will be safety and save more than 35%.

Adam Yang from Inkmed