• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Charging

mopar691

Had a employee power up the 1324 and had his hand leaning on the panel, started in maintenance mode. Must of reset something before he shut it down, Now its asking for a ink charge. Looks like he reset the print count in there upon looking.

I have no cleaning carts on hand is there any way to make it not ask for a ink charge?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Turn the machine off and then back on while holding the UP, Right and Down buttons. Once you the machine boots up scroll down the menu until you see "Check 7: Parameter" and hit enter. Now scroll down until you see "Param2: Update" and hit enter. Then scroll down until you see "Update7: Charge FLG" and hit enter. Using the arrow keys change the setting to "User/Init: Charge" hit enter and it will ask you "Update Parameter?" hit enter and it will update. Wait for "Updating Parameter" to go away and then restart the machine in regular mode. Should do the trick.

mopar691

Awesome, That worked. But there is one more problem now. Seems that the media eye is not registering. Says media end. Normally when load media the rear eye registers media is being loaded and turns on fans, but not now. Uggggg