• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink contamination

Kaizer Chiefs

Dear Friends
I am having problem with a Roland VS 640 and i really need your help.This is a machine that has been running for one year.The maximum head shot count is around 2 million shots, i changed the captop, wipers, felt wiper and cleaned the around of the head.Did several normal cleanings.

Attached is a picture of the test print.

Attachments

• after 1 print.jpg
    after 1 print.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 88

rjssigns

Looks like what happens when a cartridge runs out and doesn't stop the printer. First make sure you have full ink carts. Park the carriage, get a syringe and pull ink through the captop. Put the hose back on and try again.

scuba_steve2699

it's your captop - you need to get the updated one and replace it. In the early ones they had issues with both the spring pressure and the drain lines from it. Make sure you get the updated one and the spring assembly for it as well. Your dealer should be able to get it for you quickly.

Kaizer Chiefs

Dear all
Thank you very much for reply.
All the cartridges are full.I tried to pull ink with a syringe ink ink comes out and there is no air in the tubes.
I replaced the captop with the new version ( the one with transparent tubes ) but did not replace the spring. Could that be causing this problem ?
The test print i posted is one i did just after printing the test pattern in versaworks.

Jack Knight1979

I get this on high static materials like POP films. Goes away after a cleaning.

I ran some POP yesterday and got his on my nozzle check. The humidity in the room was 65% too.

Do you have this on everything that you run. Does a cleaning resolve it temporarily?

Kaizer Chiefs

Dear Jack Knight1979

I am getting this on avery vynil, i did not try on another media.I will try on flex and keep you updated.

If i do a normal cleaning those black lines on the yellow row is very fade.but after even a small print the problem occurs back.

scuba_steve2699

Dear all
Thank you very much for reply.
All the cartridges are full.I tried to pull ink with a syringe ink ink comes out and there is no air in the tubes.
I replaced the captop with the new version ( the one with transparent tubes ) but did not replace the spring. Could that be causing this problem ?
The test print i posted is one i did just after printing the test pattern in versaworks.

The original spring that shipped with the unit did not have enough force to properly seat the captop. This will cause what you are seeing. Get the updated spring from your dealer.

Jack Knight1979

Spring = Awesome answer.

After doing the spring replacement. Do a head soak. A couple normal cleanings, then print a couple 2x3 prints to get the nozzles firing. That should straighten you out.