• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Costs using Onyx and an Epson S60600

Mata

Hi all

I still have't worked out how to do the ink costs within Onyx, once done how accurate are they?

I know you have to put some figures in first from what I was told but it was soo long ago and I've still not done it and forgot how to.

I'm just trying to create a quick calculator to work out my media costs per metre etc but struggling with ink.

Does anyone have a rough guide on what the cost of ink is for full coverage 1m x 1m using genuine Epson inks CMYKx2

Thanks

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Don't you have the Epson LFP accounting tool where you can see printer calculated usage?
From those values you can calculate compensation values to Onyx.
It's always a rough estimate. Only way you can calculate true usage is by calculating the media you use and the ink you put in the printer.

Mata

I'll take a look at the Epson LFP tool, I know something wouldn't install but it didn't stop anything from working. I'll check

Mata

Thanks for that, I've downloaded it and I'll install it tomorrow.

I might sound a bit stupid now but how will it know the ink costs for the job I'm printing?

Ideally I would like to try and work out how much my media costs and then the average ink costs per metre so I know what my bottom line is.

Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I might sound a bit stupid now but how will it know the ink costs for the job I'm printing?

The software just does the math based on the profile you choose. Once the file is processed for printing, it just counts the dots and picoliter sizes to come up with a guess. It can't be perfect because the heads don't always fire exactly the size dot it's supposed to but it's close enough. That being said, a lot of people just go with $0.25 - $0.35 per square foot for ink cost.

Mata

Thank you for that info.

I'll install it and have a look and then decide what I should used for my square foot costs.

Thanks you