• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink disposal for Roland BN-20

NickB

Soon I will need to empty my waste cartridge for our BN-20, from searching around it seems that I could reuse the same assembly by going through some steps. My question is on ink disposal, I know I can't just throw it away, but our local sales rep has said that it can be disposed by normal means if it is no longer in a liquid state. For example if I were to use Oil dry or Kitty litter to dry up the ink. I am not necessarily looking to cut corners, I want to be responsible with my ink disposal.

petepaz

luckily we produce a lot of saw dust cutting wood for our die boards so i use that. let the ink dry a couple of days and toss it in the dumpster.
maybe you can find a shop that you can get some free saw dust to use?

NickB

luckily we produce a lot of saw dust cutting wood for our die boards so i use that. let the ink dry a couple of days and toss it in the dumpster.
maybe you can find a shop that you can get some free saw dust to use?

Great imput, we have stuff called Oil Dry around here, we use that for cleaning up oil and such off our concrete. We have the means to dry it, I am more concerned if that is a proper method of disposal. Sounds like it is, thanks.

2B

we use the cheapest cat litter we can get and dump the waste there.
We have been told once it is dry you can toss it into the dumpster. however, for us our city has a program to dispose of any hazardous material so we take the containers there