• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Erewhere! Split Ink Line

neil_se

Has anyone come across this before?

Attachments

• IMG_9136.jpg
    IMG_9136.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_9137.jpg
    IMG_9137.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_9139.jpg
    IMG_9139.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 166

rdm01

Yes, twice. Both times ink inundated the machine and was to the floor. First time was fixed under warranty, the second time we just bought a new printer, as it was cheaper to buy a refurb than fix the machine.

neil_se

I think HP is just trying to force my hand, I was only just thinking of upgrading but I don't think the L560 is released here yet. Maintenance Pack #3 also just came due this week.

GP_Oz

Seeing as its cyan...ill guess that its a 26500
Seems to be the colour of choice to split on the 260/280 series. Have not seen any other colour split, and have not seen the 25500 split any colours yet.

neil_se

That's what the tech up here said, he's only ever seen it on cyan.

New 360 is on order, still deciding whether it's worth repairing the L26500 at around $4.4k (including Maintenance Kit #3).

GP_Oz

That's what the tech up here said, he's only ever seen it on cyan.

New 360 is on order, still deciding whether it's worth repairing the L26500 at around $4.4k (including Maintenance Kit #3).

See if you can get in on a parts only service contract 12months for about 1500AUD (may have gone up)
For that price its well worth it in my opinion

Pippin Decals

why are these splitting or loosing ink like this on these printers, ive seen so many brands do this ,its kinda kept me from getting one..