• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink expiration does not match box

Dukenukem117

Has anyone ever received a 831A ink cartridge that was dated to expire well in advance of the box? This was a new cartridge and the box was unopened, so I don't believe it was tampered with. But the box says 2020 and the cartridge says 2019 and is already expired.

E Coloney

Cereal makers found they could get people to throw away perfectly good cereal by putting an "expiration date" on it...

ikarasu

I agree the inks probably fine to use... However hp logs if you use expired or non hp ink. If your still under warranty that may be a problem... Not sure how strict they are about it though.

Dukenukem117

I agree the inks probably fine to use... However hp logs if you use expired or non hp ink. If your still under warranty that may be a problem... Not sure how strict they are about it though.

Unfortunately the machine rejects it. That's why I even noticed this in the first place.