• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink from MaxMetal ACM liner transferred onto ACM?

JPR-5690

I've only worked with ACM a few times.

Just got a sheet of MaxMetal Lite in and when I peeled the liner off the printed info on the liner seems to have migrated onto the ACM itself.

I tried scrubbing it off with IPA with no luck.

Is this normal?!

Attachments

• IMG_7613.JPG
    IMG_7613.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 183

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Wow....I have never seen that either. grimco will take that back in a heartbeat or just credit you the sheet and tell you to keep it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Grimco had a few containers full of this stuff. They should of mentioned it before shipping it to you. I picked some of it up for $25/ea and I use it for full coverage vinyl overlay.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Had the same problem. I think it was the lite version.
The orange ink transferred to the material, left a negative review but they did nothing about it.

d fleming

If they tell you to keep it you can experiment with different things to clean it up if you like and maybe use it for something. I would try rapid remover just to see, it takes off a lot of things other than adhesive fairly well.

JPR-5690

I contacted Grimco and they told me it was probably a straggler left from a "bad batch" but the most annoying part is that they were pretty reluctant to do anything to help.

Their solution was:
1. try different chemicals to remove in the ink
2. cover the both sides of the entire panel with vinyl to cover up the ink
3. contact them back to let them know if I still needed a replacement panel, at which point they would ship one for free (I had to speak to a 2nd rep to get this far and he said that they would ship it for free "to cover the cost of extra material used for covering both sides")

What annoys me is the fact that this was a single panel that they should have simply recalled/withheld in the first place.

I get that we're all struggling for business right now, but c'mon Grimco...small shops are struggling to stay afloat right now and you're going to tell me to go through all these steps and use what little spare time (if any) that I have to ~try~ and salvage a piece of shitty material that you shouldn't have sent in the first place?!

The only reason I ever went to Grimco before Harbor (if you're on the east coast) is because their website was so much easier to navigate, but their customer service is a joke.

[HASHTAG]#HappyMonday[/HASHTAG] everyone!

MikePro

rapidremover/googone has always been a good way for me to remove sharpie from finished surfaces without "burning" it

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
We've had so many issues with Grimco recently, the customer service has been very frustrating and if we get stuff delivered, sometimes it's pretty beat up. Usually they'd give a credit at least, though.

MikePro

grimco's always been fast to credit claims. never had an issue with them, especially if you contact your sales rep directly.

Ardor Creative

Received the same burnt in logo from Grimco as well.Never reported it because luckily I was already doing full coverage decals. It was still annoying that the ghosting was there and keeps being distributed