• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Ink issue L26500 - tubes leaking

Steve Shaw

Hey guys

So I came in this morning and noticed that there was black ink on the floor behind the printer. It's an L26500. It appears that the two plastic tubes at the back of the printer are stuck together with black ink. The smaller of the tubes has leakage or an excess of ink at the end of it where it goes into the printer at the bottom.

There was also a little puddle of ink on the floor so it looks like it's dripping from the top.

I'm new to this printer and still learning so excuse my lack of experience.

Any ideas how to rectify this?

Steve

Attachments

• DSC_4193.JPG
    DSC_4193.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 179
  • DSC_4192.JPG
    DSC_4192.JPG
    965.2 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC_4192.JPG
    DSC_4192.JPG
    965.2 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC_4192.JPG
    DSC_4192.JPG
    965.2 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC_4190.JPG
    DSC_4190.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 153

stealey

those tubes go into your waste tub, is that full? if so you need a new one, could be that its full and the ink has backed up and caused a leak

Steve Shaw

those tubes go into your waste tub, is that full? if so you need a new one, could be that its full and the ink has backed up and caused a leak

Yeah, I replaced it and the ink Mant kit after i realised it was at 89%. See if that solves it. Im sure that was the issue. Sorry for the wasted post!

burgmurk

I had the same issue with that printer. It should tell you the tank is full before this happens, but they don't seem to read the levels right. I used to change mine at "90%" but it looks like you should do it a little sooner than that.
After running a 360 for a few years i sure don't miss that machine :p