• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink issue

Steveloaf

I have a Roland sp300 that won't print the color yellow if the machine is dormant for 24 hours. If I do a medium or powerful head cleaning it comes back just fine but if the machine sets overnight the next day it won't print until it is cleaned. The cap tops are adjusted fine and the machine has had a thorough manual cleaning. I can't find anything in the lines that appear to be loose. Any idea?

Double Diamond

Had similiar problem... it progressed to this. A change to roland inks from solaris made that and other problems go away... Hope it helps.

Steveloaf

No it stays on and runs it's interval ink pump cycle. I use Roland ink and the caps were serviced and checked about 6 months ago.
It's odd because it's only yellow so I was thinking maybe a damper, ink line or something.

artbot

take off the yellow damper and pull a vacuum on it from the bottom. you'll see the membrane of the damper concave. let the damper hang for a minute or to and see if the membrane relaxes. if it takes an extended amount of time to relax, your lines or damper are restricting. you can compare with a known "good" line. also, you'll feel the difference pulling the ink. if that were so, though, i'd think you'd have ink starvation during printing.

i'd pull a vacuum at the waste line and carefully listen for any air noise. the cap can be sitting sideways. although new, caps can be torqued if the approach setting is exaggerated in one direction. if your cap tops are removable, tonight, swap them to the other head. see if the issue remains at that channel or follows the cap top.

also...have you cleaned the pump tube to that cap?

brainnew

Hi all,
My case is almost the same, but the light cleaning cycle is not light, it's switching into
power cleaning cycle daily, just one day it's drain all my catridge inks become full the waste bottle!!! Do you know how to reset the light cleaning?
Thanks for support
Brainnew

brainnew

Ink drain issue

Thanks for recommend
I've just figure out the reason ink drain because the drain tubing too long, reached near to the bottom of drain bottle....
Thanks again

Brainnew

Steveloaf

Thanks Artbot,

I tried to compare the yellow membrane to the magenta and they seemed to relax the same. I didn't hear any air escaping from the line that goes to the pump when I put a vacuum on the line either. I am wondering if that line would be an issue since it also draws to the magenta damper. Wouldn't both colors suffer?

I haven't swapped the caps yet because I have work to do today and I have the machine working and don't want to screw it up but that will be the next thing I try.

bovegas

It seems you have leak in line so it doesnt contain preasure in lines. It is small air leak so it takes 24 hours to pull ink back, so thats why you dont have ink in head in the morning. I would change damper, o-rings on both end of dampers and see whats happens next morning. If same problem continue I would check rubber gasket on your head manifold. Before you check rubber manifold switch the damper and line from good channel to bad channel and see if the other head would end with same problem or bad channel would continue to be bad. If bad channel continue to be bad than I would check rubber gasket. If not than I would change dampers and o rings and last thing I would change o ring where line connects to cartridge.