• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Ink rubbing off fabric graphic

Andrew Hodgson

Hello, I printed some graphics on be.tex Samba FR for an SEG frame using our HP FB750 UV Printer. The graphic fits well and tested in our print shop and we didn't have any issues when putting the graphic up, but we had an outside team install the graphics at a show. I got some pictures of the prints, and ink is rubbing off from the install.

I would still like to continue printing with our UV printer instead of outsourcing to get dye sub prints done. Are there printer settings I can change or some type of coating I can apply afterwards that can protect the ink?

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 300

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
UV Scratches, nature of the beast. The ink sits on top of the substrate, it doesn't soak in.......
Not sure about any coating you can use on fabric. Someone will chime in.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
is the UV printer the only capability you have? Do you have any solvent printers? That is what I use when printing on fabric.