• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink some how drain in waste bottle daily?!!

brainnew

Hi all
My Sp-540v working well 6 years, recently it's often happen as:
the captop magenta/ yellow show full ink as ink not stop drain thru print head.
After few day all the two new magenta and yellow catridge got empty and the waste bottle is full, even all the power set off and unplug.
What is happen or leaking air some where on the ink line?
Thanks for your info support to fix.
Brian

amw

Longtime Members
Hi all
My Sp-540v working well 6 years, recently it's often happen as:
the captop magenta/ yellow show full ink as ink not stop drain thru print head.
After few day all the two new magenta and yellow catridge got empty and the waste bottle is full, even all the power set off and unplug.
What is happen or leaking air some where on the ink line?
Thanks for your info support to fix.
Brian
Check to see if the captops have a swolen foam pad in them...they could be touching the heads and draining them I think.
They are only $25 each...might want to try changing them and see if that fixes it.

Marsha

Most likely it is a captop you dont even need a tool you should replace those every 8months to a year will save you r head and make the printer work better all around. Feel free to pm me if you need help.

brainnew

The ink stop leaking when unplug power cord??

Thanks all for replying support.
I have been changed: new damper for 4 colors, two new captops, brand new pump, two new wipers...

Last month it's mostly happen on the black and blue head. It drain almost 3 full catridges each colors.
It's happen since up grade to newest firmware 7.

-Every day I have check the wast bottle to make sure it empty, and shutoff all power and unplug power cord too.
The leak drain problem stop for about two week.

Last three day I was thinking it's Ok, then I left the main power cord still connect to the printer, but all power switching still keep off.
Over night the leaking start happen again, the waste bottle full magenta and yellow catridge gone.

I have install two new magenta and yellow catridge and switching off two power swicth and unplug power cord too. (just only me use this printer, some how it's does as full power cleaning in the mid night?
just a though :-((

Over lastnight and all day today every thing is ok, the leak stop
Now, before print any thing I have do cleaning cycle to check the print head.

I wonder to thinking about reinstall back the firmware 6.3 and try to remove one layer paper in side the captop and hope it's works
My SP540-V printer became "handicap" and I have baby sit it every day :-(
Thanks again for all your ideal...
Brainnew

Andrew O

Merchant Member
Please give tech support a call. It is toll free, the support is free, and we're here to help. You've done most of the things I would suggest off the top of my head to solve this problem, but I think one of our techs could probably help check a few more things.

Give a call at 800-542-2307, or PM your contact info and I'll have someone call you.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Roland tech support referral!

Please give tech support a call. It is toll free, the support is free, and we're here to help. You've done most of the things I would suggest off the top of my head to solve this problem, but I think one of our techs could probably help check a few more things.

Give a call at 800-542-2307, or PM your contact info and I'll have someone call you.

Thank you Andrew!

brainnew

Roland Tech Support

Hi all,
I just call Roland tech support, they suggesting me to replace captop again.
Thanks Juan (Roland Tech Support.)
I will doing it on this weekend. Hoppe it's works

Brainnew

InkjetAuction

Check Level

My guess is that the machine is not level... did you move it?

Put a level on platen and shim the wheels so the printer is level. The cartridges should not be higher than the caps in that machine.

~E

brainnew

Ink stop drain into waste bottle...

Hi all,
No, I did not move the printer...
-Last weekend, I've changed the two new captops, replaced all 4 rubber washer of dampers, the ink drain stop, but I still have to do switch off all the power and unplug the power cord.
All weekend and Monday evening, it is Ok now.

-Tonight, I will let the power stand by as for light cycle clean over night. I hope it's not happen again as last week.:Sleeping::covereyes:
Thanks all your ideals and Good night

Brainnew

brainnew

The ink drain to waste bottle have fixed.

Hi all,
All last night and today, the issue ink drain have been fixed.
I thinks the cause is the rubber washer connect to the dampers
Thanks for the supports

:thankyou:Brainnew:wavingflag:

brainnew

Hi all,
The ink drain come back after 72 hrs. delay !? Magenta ink drain and show three quater on the waste bottle today... not happy yet :-((

xanderortiz

Maybe just remove your ink cartridges at night until you resolve this? But I don't know if that would cause head dry-up, so don't do that unless you know it won't... Just an idea on from a financial standpoint...

fotoshow

I also encountered similar problem twice in a span of 6months. I had been trying to analyze and solve it but still no permanent solution. Though I can provide a very practical and easy way to prevent it from happening. Put a clip on the hose going out to the waste tank every end of the day or every time you shut it down. But just don't forget to remove it every time you power up. Cheers.

Rafael_Tech

My best guess is that printer is not leveled and the ink is flowing towards the printhead, even though you haven moved the machine make sure its leveled.

Another idea is to check the auto-cleaning intervals. how much minutes pass between every cleaning or is it off?

brainnew

Clip tube to waste bottle

Hi all,
Last few days my Win 7 could not boot. I'v just fixed it and back to forum.
At this time, I have use a clip to clamp the tubes to waste bottle. It's help some...
I think I will make the waste tube longer to raise the level same high to the ink line. This way trickly because ink waste would run back to captop and make ink contaminate.
All options just for temporary stop ink waste...:banghead:
Thank you all your suggest:thankyou:
Brainnew

Last edited:

mario70lopez

had same problem, changed a few parts, finally fixed permanently by taking out the sponges in the cap top, and replacing them with screens made for rolands. never, ever happened agian