• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink sticking when re-rolling?? Only on Avery 1005ezRS

Signsforwhile

Just ran half a roll of 1005ezrs and the print is sticking to the back of the backer in the takeup. Using non-oem inks but does not happen with any other media...

Anyone have this issue?

T_K

I'm running a vs-540i and use the Avery 1005 SC material all the time. Never had any problems with it sticking to the back of the liner. Lots of trouble though, if you let the printed face touch itself.

My first thoughts are:
1) It could be the non-OEM inks. Never had personal experience with them, though.
2) It could a super-high level of ink saturation, so the ink doesn't dry enough before touching the liner.

If you have some kraft paper or left over liner from other prints, you could do another test. Print a section of your artwork (not the entire run) and roll it up with the kraft paper or the liner. Does it still stick?

player

I had some sticking with a VP540i using a cheaper take-up reel. I put a box fan a few feet from the print and the extra air flow did the trick. I put a furnace filter on the back of the fan to clean the air.

T_K

I had some sticking with a VP540i using a cheaper take-up reel. I put a box fan a few feet from the print and the extra air flow did the trick. I put a furnace filter on the back of the fan to clean the air.

The furnace filter is a good solution. My first thought was "I'd be too worried about blowing dust and crap onto my print".

n893

maybe your room too humid

Sometimes humidity cause ink to not dry properly... try to control humidity around 50-60%