• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ink usage in different print modes on the FB700

LeiftheLucky

We have been printing in photo mode since we got the printer and were under the impression that we were printing that we were printing in indoor sign mode. I understand that this controlled through the rip but since I do not rip the files to the printer(our designers do) so it seemed like you could change it on the machine as well so I changed it there to skip a step. I was unaware that it only does this temporarily on a job by job basis so it only worked for the one job when I thought it was working from that point forward. The other half of this is that these two print modes fall into the same print resolution catagory (600x300). I understand that by the very nature of the fact that it prints in indoor signage mode at approximately twice the speed that it is using less ink to do this but I can't find any numbers to let me understand what the difference is. I can't imagine that twice the speed means twice the ink if the output is the same res? I'm sure it depends on what you are printing to a point but I'm just looking for a rough estimate. Any help or links etc would be very helpful, thanks guys.

L