• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Ink Values for bright Pink, Blue & Yellow on ORAFOL (Oracol – 3105HT)

BCPB

Hey, print experts, I only joined Signs 101 to try and gather info on some stickers I will be getting produced.
The vinyl I intend on using will be ORAFOL (Oracol – 3105HT)

What would be the best CMYK ink values for achieving bright pink, yellow and blue?

I just thought 100% Yellow (yellow) 100% Cyan (Blue) and 100% Magenta (Pink) but was wondering if there are specific values that would work better?

Thanks!

cmhaynes6

Super Psychedelic Mojo Master
Hey, print experts, I only joined Signs 101 to try and gather info on some stickers I will be getting produced.
The vinyl I intend on using will be ORAFOL (Oracol – 3105HT)

What would be the best CMYK ink values for achieving bright pink, yellow and blue?

I just thought 100% Yellow (yellow) 100% Cyan (Blue) and 100% Magenta (Pink) but was wondering if there are specific values that would work better?

Thanks!
So there is alot that goes into getting a printer to print the color you are looking for. First, cyan is a mix of blue and green and magenta is a mix of blue and red. So you will not achieve a blue or pink by using 100% cyan and magenta. Second, there are so many variations of yellow, blue and pink. If you have specific pantone colors you are trying to emulate and a good RIP, you have a decent shot, and if you have a printer with lc and lm it's even better. You will need to make sure you have a good profile and test the swatch colors you are trying to produce.

All that being said, it sounds like you are outsourcing this. The best you can do is ask them, they should know what is going to work best for their production process and equipment.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

rghare

Your design software certainly has some default color choices if you’re just fishing for the color you want. Start there and experiment with sliders. If you monitor and printer are calibrated you’ll be good to go with most of your customers and service bureaus. I may have missed what you’re asking for, but HTH anyway or at least helps someone.

You can also go to the Orafol website and download color libraries for each of their colored vinyls. Once loaded into your graphics software just pick the color you need by color number and voilá! Pick your poison here: Colour palettes for graphic design software - Graphic Innovations.

Color libraries are also available for PMS colors....somewhere. I think they’re loaded by default in Illustrator. Not sure about other softwares.