• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Inkjet issues...

PS

Hi!

Does anyone know why yellow ink floods any printing I do? I'd just completed 2 jobs with great results and then the very next day the yellow starts flooding the media as you can see in the attached JPG.

Anyone else had this issue before?

Just completed replacing the cyan/black printhead and all dampers were replaced, too.

Hope someone can help!

Attachments

• 20181102_111825.jpg
    20181102_111825.jpg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 258

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
There is a short circuit in a printhead or in a PH cables or just a connection issue between PH-cables-carriage board

PS

There is a short circuit in a printhead or in a PH cables or just a connection issue between PH-cables-carriage board

Thanks for the reply. That seems to be where the issue is, but I have tried reattaching the cable many times without any change. Everything looks good (see attached). Could the PH cable itself be faulty?

Attachments

• 20181106_111816.jpg
    20181106_111816.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 20181106_111824.jpg
    20181106_111824.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 20181106_111833.jpg
    20181106_111833.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 233

PS

Thanks for the reply. That seems to be where the issue is, but I have tried reattaching the cable many times without any change. Everything looks good (see attached). Could the PH cable itself be faulty?

There is a bit of damage on the one contact as yopu can see here. Could it be that?

Attachments

• 20181106_114819.jpg
    20181106_114819.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 235
  • 20181106_114851.jpg
    20181106_114851.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 219

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Could it be that?
Can't say that it's good for you but i doesnt look as a big proble though.

Try following. Remove the Y-channel cable and insert the K-channel cable from the Car.Bor. to the Y-channel PH. Then try to print just K square. We'll see then.

PS

Can't say that it's good for you but i doesnt look as a big proble though.

Try following. Remove the Y-channel cable and insert the K-channel cable from the Car.Bor. to the Y-channel PH. Then try to print just K square. We'll see then.

OK, I'll try that. What is the "Car.Bor.", though?

2ny

Hi.
I would not insert any other flat cable from the carriage board into any of the head/slots that it's not meant for. You can borrow the cable itself, but that means you should detach it from the carriage board and the PH altogether before you try any printing with another cable.
And remember to switch of main power switch before any borrowing... Good luck.

Best regards
Tony

2ny

Hahaha, why?
I swapped the cables on a SP-300 and blew a fuse on the mainboard as a result. Maybe that was because I switched both cables at the same time, but nevertheless. If you just test another cable on the Y-channel, and its ok you are in the clear anyway.

Tony

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Tony,

I've done it hudreds of time in my life. The problem is when you change the flat cable with the new one using the same channel you never know is there a PH or board promblem if issue still persists. Thas why you should swap 100% OK channel with smth non-100%-OK.

• Agree
Reactions: PS

2ny

Tony,

I've done it hudreds of time in my life. The problem is when you change the flat cable with the new one using the same channel you never know is there a PH or board promblem if issue still persists. Thas why you should swap 100% OK channel with smth non-100%-OK.

Ok. I will have to take your word for it. I have not testet this myself.

Tony