• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Innovative ???

skyhigh

Fracture | Glass Photos

So they describe this process of putting pictures on glass as.....
"Revolutionizing"
"Ground Breaking"
& "Innovative"

I saw their commercial on TV this morning. It didn't sound so Revolutionary to me.
Haven't sign shops been doing this very thing for quite some time now? )))

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
They're doing it the right way. UV printed onto glass. Not the common way i've been seeing on here with applying vinyl......

They're also using 2mm glass. They dont specify if its low iron or float. low iron is hard to get but float is easy but has a green tint. maybe their images have a cast?? most people wouldn't notice as 2mm gives off a small cast.

Also calibrating glass is probably the hardest media to calibrate. Ink changes cast when adhering to glass. and with different adhesion promoters ink does different things. Using white ink backing or paint will also change the ink colour properties.

Also when you say "haven't sign shops been doing this for years now"
I have seen a lot of glass prints from many sign shops. And i can confidently say that every glass print i've seen is poor quality, poor colour accuracy. unable to achieve deep rich colours. And when used in wet areas like kitchen splashbacks or bathrooms, the print fails.

So is their product innovative? to me. no.