• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inside your retail shop, lobby or customer area

Ldireprophil

My search found nothing. So I'm interested in seeing how are you advertising/marketing your products in your lobby / waiting-customer area if you run a retail shop. I'm not talking about a picture book of your work/past work/pricing, etc on the counter, but more like how are you using your wall space? I had various standard samples in my lobby area (acm, coro, vinyls, poster, window perf, magnet, mdo, etc) but I have recently moved to a much larger space in the next bldg from where I was. Just looking for ideas and examples of what others are doing. Pics would be great. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
We have a table right beside our entrance which we meet with guests and also have meetings/lunch at. We've got an open studio space because it's small, so guests will see the printer running. Corroplast, foamcore, sintra and wall vinyl around the office, some floor/table graphics. We've got all the doors wrapped, perf on our external windows. Our shop truck is wrapped. We've got some banner stands popped up to divide the room a little bit.

Gene@mpls

TV running a slideshow with different completed jobs from a tablet with different categories that can be selected for individual customers.

John_Smith

Enjoying retirement in Central Florida
I guess I'm the odd ball out. in South Georgia, in a really small town, it was a more
relaxed pace of life. I had several examples of sandblasted and hand carved signs
on the walls. as well as a small sofa and coffee table with actual miniature dimensional signs.
I also had a book of photos of completed projects but to have actual scale models that the
customer could hold was a step above the rest.
a fireplace in the winter with an assortment of beverages of soda, coffee, hot chocolate, etc.didn't hurt.

office.jpg

Office Fireplace.jpg

Last edited:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We have an office where people come in to chat and get their first impressions.

We've kept it simple - show the more high end stuff.

We have one wall with mini glass splashbacks (1000mm x 400mm) 6 of them.
The other wall behind the desk has a wallpaper behind it.
The images on the splashbacks & wallpaper are taken by me on my high end camera so quality doesn't degrade over 7m long.

We also have some printed samples in the table.

Other walls have windows and a staircase.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I had some temporary Covid walls up and printed pics and mounted on black foam board with vinyl jobs. The walls came down last week and I ran out of wall space so I used some 10mm coroplast and built a little square stand and used double sided tape to remount my pics. Cheap way to use floor space if you don't have much wall space and you can move it around. I offer screen printing also and the local school apparel has taken up a lot of my wall and floor space LOL (It's snow and salt season so the floor is never clean more than a couple hours, pardon my salt)

Attachments

• IMG_2130.JPEG
    IMG_2130.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 422

Reveal1

We have printed wallpaper, canvas prints, and our Addy awards displayed. Like Gene, also occasionally have a running slide show, but don't fire it up all the time (too distracting in our small space). If I had space, I would print fabrics for a couch and pillows. Anything that emphasizes our creativity and design capability.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have supplies, computers and other things waiting to be picked up or whatever. They see what they see and we don't make any special hen party habitats for nobody. There are some routine things on hand to show as a sample, but we just bring out whatever is needed to get their attention or make a sale.

An old member here, RIP, had the best looking customer area, ever. SignManiac. If you search, you'll find all the things that character did for his place.

Stacey K

I like making signs
We have supplies, computers and other things waiting to be picked up or whatever. They see what they see and we don't make any special hen party habitats for nobody. There are some routine things on hand to show as a sample, but we just bring out whatever is needed to get their attention or make a sale.

An old member here, RIP, had the best looking customer area, ever. SignManiac. If you search, you'll find all the things that character did for his place.
Here is the post, this shop is awesome!

https://signs101.com/threads/showroom-digs.93452/#post-1062278

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We've recently had our showroom remodeled with new flooring, desks and such. We've added custom printed wall graphics and have plans to hang some sample signs, plastic lettering, brushed alum letters, bronze plaques, aircraft photos, acrylic military emblems, and maybe a pull up banner or two with standard real estate signage. We also have a dedicated pc/monitor running a slide show of jobs over the years, as well as, a font list for customers to choose from. If I remember I can drop a pic here after it's complete

Reveal1

Yes - a 'studio' as opposed to a mere 'shop' or 'showroom'. In the right business scenario, that kind of presentation could facilitate a sale assuming you are going after high dollar projects in an area that would support. Otherwise it may scream 'too expensive.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have one big room with a dark back room for storage. I do most of my work in the front and although the showroom area is always clean, often the work area is sort-of messy...but, that makes it look like I'm busy so for the most part, I purposely make sure there's things laying around. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it LOL

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
The walls were taken off of shutterstock. We used arlon 4200 canvas and 4200 matte printed. The blue gives the illusion of lights on the wall. We built the counter and used Arlon high tack vinyl for the counter "stone" effect. The desk is wrapped with vinyl. (we bought cheap desks and wrapped them). We have 2 smart tvs mounted from the ceiling. They are always rolling with photos of finished products that we have done. When a customer comes in, we can cast to one of the tvs. We design behind the desk while customers can watch us design and give us input on their design.

Attachments

• 20210106_171522.jpg
    20210106_171522.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 348
  • 20210106_171550.jpg
    20210106_171550.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 315
  • 20210106_171557.jpg
    20210106_171557.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 307
  • 20210106_171601.jpg
    20210106_171601.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 310
  • 20210106_171741.jpg
    20210106_171741.jpg
    963.6 KB · Views: 346

Stacey K

I like making signs
The walls were taken off of shutterstock. We used arlon 4200 canvas and 4200 matte printed. The blue gives the illusion of lights on the wall. We built the counter and used Arlon high tack vinyl for the counter "stone" effect. The desk is wrapped with vinyl. (we bought cheap desks and wrapped them). We have 2 smart tvs mounted from the ceiling. They are always rolling with photos of finished products that we have done. When a customer comes in, we can cast to one of the tvs. We design behind the desk while customers can watch us design and give us input on their design.
What is that color poster I see on the wall? Is that PMS colors?