• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

install crezone to a block wall

signwizz

i have a job to install a crezone sign to a block wall would you just use tapcons through the wood into the brick then cover with a white vinyl circle or would you put up wood strapping horizontally and use wood screws through the sign into the straps and cover heads with vinyl

thanks shane

Johnny Best

If you do go the strapping route put them vertically so when the moisture runs down the wall so it will not puddle up and cause rot.

Billct2

That's like MDO right? Lots of ways, depending on budget. Straight thru and touch up is cheapest. The strapping is a good idea but still requires fastening thru the face. You can do cleats. Or mount the strapping at the edge to make the sign look thicker and use clips.

Johnny Best

I think they do call MDO crezone. I always thought that was the stuff they put on telephone poles years ago, but one of my suppliers called their MDO that last time I was there.

Chasez

Correct MDO and crezone are the same product, just depends on where you get it from.

For install either method will work the same as the other. It just depends on how much you want the sign to protrude from the wall.

Chaz

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Size of sign could dictate how to appraoch this.

I'm a firm believer in nothing [any signs] going right up against a wall, unless it's a little no parking sign. We almost always use some sort of battens and then you don't hafta be 100% exact putting them on and can use your good eye to use a strong exterior grade wood screw and either countersink it or use a decorative type screw. That would depend on the type sign and how it's being used.