• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Install opinions?

Tony Rome

Hey guys, I have an interesting design I need to install in the next week. I am pretty sure there is only one proper way to do this but not sure enough that I don't mind asking for some advice.
Looking at this design am I correct to just print and contour cut the whole design and pre-mask and install as one whole piece?
Thanks! Any install tips appreciated.

Main question was should i do the text separate and/or the black radial lines separate?
Was thinking if I did the radial lines separate I could design it so that it left a .5" gap between the radial lines and the "S" logo and then install radial lines first, logo fits inside, and maybe do the same for the text on the top left?

Or is overlapping at some point an option?

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 223

Pippin Decals

If it were me ,i would do the radial lines, and then add the lettering and place the S as needed..And you can overlap ,its a matter of preference really.

MikePro

I HATE overlapping lines, especially on small copy. Agreed it's a preference thing, but my preference would be to avoid it by adding your "S" and additional copy to the radial lines, install as one piece, and then overlay white vinyl for your "S" & text.

Tony Rome

Thanks guys!
So I have decided not to overlap.
It's either print as one piece or do the gaps. (unless there is a new suggestion).
BTW, this is all printed, no cut vinyl.
Here is an idea what the gap would look like. I sort of like the look.
Thoughts?
Dark green color represents the truck.

Attachments

• side tony working.jpg
    side tony working.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 174
  • side tony working.jpg
    side tony working.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 184

Pippin Decals

Thanks guys!
So I have decided not to overlap.
It's either print as one piece or do the gaps. (unless there is a new suggestion).
BTW, this is all printed, no cut vinyl.
Here is an idea what the gap would look like. I sort of like the look.
Thoughts?
Dark green color represents the truck.

If i would of known it was printed i would of not done an overlapping on it. Otherwise for cutting for layers . i would just trim the lines so they dont overlap the Letter S.