• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installation Pricing

I have been asked to print and install a large wall graphic 8' high x 60' long. I would be printing this in 52" x 8' tiles with 1/2" overlap. My question is what to charge for installation, I have never done one this big, do i discount my normal rate of $5.00 sq/ft? Most of the work we have done with walls has been small. This would also be a 2 person job. I feel I should discount, just curious as to what others have done.
I have travel time already figured separately
TIA
David

jfiscus

Rap Master
What material, what type of wall?
Have you tested the paint for adhesion?
Putting 480 on a painted cinderblock wall is going to take all day (or longer) with 2 installers and putting phototex onto painted drywall is going to take 1/2 day with 1 guy.

ams

$5/sq. ft. is way too cheap, we charge $8/sq. ft and win 9 out of 10 jobs. Our vinyl labor rate for two people is $80/hour which is about standard.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
$5/sq. ft. is way too cheap, we charge $8/sq. ft and win 9 out of 10 jobs. Our vinyl labor rate for two people is $80/hour which is about standard.

WAIT............ $40 an hour per person is normal ?? In a professional environment ??

ams

$55 an hour for a single person for vinyl, sometimes $60. However bucket truck and electrical work is $95 flat. I can't speak for everyone, just my area.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
$55 an hour for a single person for vinyl, sometimes $60. However bucket truck and electrical work is $95 flat. I can't speak for everyone, just my area.

But..... that's not what you said. You first insinuated 2 guys is $80 combined while working on vinyl. So the more tedious and longer the job takes, your prices go down from $60 or $55 an hour to $40 ?? Bucket truck has nothing to do with vinyl costs. Welding has nothing to do with it, Riding the roller coaster at the park has nothing to do with it. Please try to stay with what you said. Your area or anywhere USofA..... no professional is gonna charge out at $40 an hour per man. Unless you're hard up. No wonder you get 90% of your bids. You do realize that once you go much past 50% of your bids, you are working too cheap..... or too stupid.

solo

If it's a hoarding wall (like coming soon in a mall) $5/foot is way too much. The barricade company (Boston Barricade, who has a large connection to Simon malls) will offer their package at less than that. We'd be a $6/sq foot installed with 3M ij-35 laminated here in Arizona. A good two man crew doing a full-pull panel install can do a 10x300 foot barricade wall in a day.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 10.52.03 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 10.52.03 AM.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 559

ams

But..... that's not what you said. You first insinuated 2 guys is $80 combined while working on vinyl. So the more tedious and longer the job takes, your prices go down from $60 or $55 an hour to $40 ?? Bucket truck has nothing to do with vinyl costs. Welding has nothing to do with it, Riding the roller coaster at the park has nothing to do with it. Please try to stay with what you said. Your area or anywhere USofA..... no professional is gonna charge out at $40 an hour per man. Unless you're hard up. No wonder you get 90% of your bids. You do realize that once you go much past 50% of your bids, you are working too cheap..... or too stupid.

Stop being an idiot Gino.

Signature Graphix

Wide Format Printing - Signage - Vehicle Wraps
We charge $79.99/HR installation all day. Ive never done it by the sqft, but its an interesting idea. We are 3M certified and honestly Ive felt $79.99 an hour is on the cheaper side.